Arial : A light fingering yarn with a lovely, soft hand. The two fine plies are strong enough to make wonderfully light socks at a very tight gauge, which is great for a pair of warm-weather socks. The generous yardage in the striping skein allows for socks with lots of intricate texture or socks for larger feet. Crochet socks also work very nicely with this yarn. If socks arenít your thing, Arial is also a great option for lace, particularly scarves and shawls. The two plies lend themselves nicely to open, airy fabric, and the Evolution skeins especially will create stunning lace accessories.
The Arial base is available as an Evolution, as a Self-Striping and as Semi-Solid shades designed to coordinate with each colorway.
- 100% Superwash merino
- Light fingering weight
- Evolution Skein: 340 yds/70g
- 100g Striping/Coordinating Skein: 480 yds/100g
- 25g Coordinating Mini-Skein (heel/toe): 120 yds/25g
Needles and Gauge
- For socks: Needles US 0-2 (2-2.75mm) Hooks: C-E (2.75-3.5mm); Gauge 30-36 sts/4 inches
- For other items: Needles US 2-4 (2.75-3.5mm) Hooks: D-F (3.25-4mm);
Gauge 26-30 sts/inch
- 2 airy plies with looser twist
- Lots of bloom
- Slightly woolly
- Hand or machine wash delicate
- Dry flat