Yarn: ArialClick on Everything Currently Being Dyed-to-Order to see the colorways this yarn type is currently available in.
It is available as an Evolution, Self-Striping skein or in Coordinating Semi-Solid shades designed to coordinate with each colorway.
- 100% Superwash merino
- Light fingering weight
- Evolution Skein: 340 yds/70g
- 100g Striping/Coordinating Skein: 480 yds/100g
- 25g Coordinating Mini-Skein (heel/toe): 120 yds/25g
Needles and Gauge
- For socks: Needles US 0-2 (2-2.75mm) Hooks: C-E (2.27-3.5mm); Gauge 30-36 sts/4 inches
- For other items: Needles US 2-4 (2.75-3.5mm) Hooks: D-F (3.25-4mm);
Gauge 26-30 sts/inch
- 2 airy plies with looser twist
- Lots of bloom
- Slightly woolly
- Hand or machine wash delicate
- Dry flat
Arial is a light fingering yarn with a lovely, soft hand. The two fine plies are strong enough to make wonderfully
light socks at a very tight gauge, which is great for a pair of warm-weather
socks. The generous yardage in the striping skein allows for socks with lots of
intricate texture or socks for larger feet. Crochet socks also work very nicely with this
yarn. If socks arenít your thing, Arial
is also a great option for lace, particularly scarves and shawls. The two plies
lend themselves nicely to open, airy fabric, and the Evolution skeins
especially will create stunning lace accessories.